GID 11.0.8 not working on windows 10

Moderator: GiD Team

Hamed

GID 11.0.8 not working on windows 10

Post by Hamed »

Dear GID Team,

I hope this message finds you well during these difficult times.
I have a permanent professional licence for GID 11.0.8 and I'm using it as a preprocessor for ATENA 5.1.3f. I tried running it on windows 10 but it seems that this version of GID is not compatible with windows 10. I was wondering if there is a way to get around this issue.

Another option that I have in mind is using a newer version of GID that windows 10 supports but I'm not sure this version of ATENA would work correctly on it. I would be really grateful if you guided me with this issue.

Best regards,
Hamed
escolano

Re: GID 11.0.8 not working on windows 10

Post by escolano »

GiD 11.0.8 is compatible with Windows 10 !!
I am able to run it without any problem

I think that your problem is related with your graphic card and driver.
Update the drivers
(and go the the web of the brand of your card to get its drivers that probably will be better than the ones of Microsoft installed with the standard update)

And you can also try to run GiD with OpenGL by software, if you are unable to fix it with the drivers
(e.g. start gid_safe_mode.vbs once and check the software option)
Hamed

Post by Hamed »

Dear Escolano,

Many thanks for your reply. I checked my drivers and they are up to date.
When I use the USB on windows 7 it works perfectly fine and the top right corner icon turns into blue (the professional version). However, when I use it on windows 10 it remains red (unregistered version).

GID version: 11.0.8 or 11.1.9d
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
USB type: hp v165w Rev_1100
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5450

I even tried running it with OpenGL and it didn’t work. I can provide you with the permanent license No. if need be.
I have attached the images of the GID environment both in windows 7 and 10. Many thanks for your patience and kind consideration.

Best regards,
Hamed
Attachments
USB inserted Windows 10.PNG
USB inserted Windows 10.PNG (86.67 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
USB inserted Windows 7.PNG
USB inserted Windows 7.PNG (61.85 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

Ok, Initially I understood that GiD doesn't work in your Windows 10,
not that it works but limited to academic limits, because your old password is not valid for the new operating system

Let me know the old Help->Register GiD... data showed by your GiD 11 installed in Windows 7 (or your GiD 11 licence number)
and let me know also, as text instead of as image, the new data (showed by GiD 11 installed on the new Windows 10)

Instead to put this information publicly, better send to me privately:
- in a private message of this forum (click the envelope icon located on the upper-right)
- or by standard e-mail
- or using our contact form http://www.gidhome.com/contact-us