GiD Portable install

Moderator: GiD Team

juansann

GiD Portable install

Post by juansann »

Hello,
I was going to install GiD in Windows 10, and before to do it I would like to know if there are any potable version of GiD, in order to copy it in a pendrive and execute in my desktop computer and laptop.

Thanks in advance.
escolano

Re: GiD Portable install

Post by escolano »

You can simply copy the whole GiD folder to your memory stick,
It is not compulsory any install.
scotnewon96

Post by scotnewon96 »

Hello,

I just downloaded GID 13 and I would like to download Kratos through GID. Unfortunately, the connection to the server failed.
I found a similar topic on this forum: viewtopic.php?t=614 providing this solution:

"You can fix the problem for example with some of this ways:
- a) avoiding this 'check for upgrades' connection. To do it edit the file
scripts\ConfigureProgram.tcl and change
set ::GidPriv(ShowCheckNewVersion) 1
by
set ::GidPriv(ShowCheckNewVersion) 0

or you can also allow the connection changing your firewall configuration"

But the line set ::GidPriv(ShowCheckNewVersion) 0 isn't in the file scripts\ConfigureProgram anymore.
I tried the second solution allowing every inbound and outbound rules for gid.exe but still doesn't work.
Do you have a new solution? I am wondering which service or program GID is using when it tries to connect to the server (which might still be blocked by firewall).
Thank you for any assistance,
escolano

Post by escolano »

The variable set ::GidPriv(ShowCheckNewVersion) 1 is to disable the 'check for new GiD versions' feature,
is not related to the feature of download a problemtype from 'Internet retrieve'

In our repository there are available two versions of kratos for Windows and Linux
7.0.2 -> Require GiD >= 13.1.11d
and
8.1.0 -> Require GiD >= 14.1.9d

Probably do you have a GiD 13.0.x official that is not enough to use any Kratos problemtype.
Download GiD 13.1.11d (https://www.gidhome.com/download/developer-versions) and then you will be able to get Kratos 7.0.2