[GiDlist] RE: Mac OSX: Assign conditions crash the applicat

Moderator: GiD Team

Hao Chen

[GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of s

Post by Hao Chen »

Dear all,

ok, I have solved the problem, I have to make the surface on the z=0 plane to generate surface mesh out of linear bounary mesh. It is a little unconvenient, isn't it. Hope the GID can improve this function in the next version.

Best regards,

Chen

To: gidlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.edu
Subject: [GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of surface mesh‏
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:16:14 +0800

Dear ABEL and everyone,

I started from some simple cases, for example the rectangle, first mesh it by triangle, and then get the bounday mesh of linear segments. And then use the linear segments to generate the surface mesh. That works perfectly.

But, when I applied it to a little bit complex as a 3D case, some error appeared. Please see the attached msh file. I want to generate 3 rectanglar surface meshes from the linear elements, when I choose one rectangle to generate surface mesh, it said rejected 14037672 elements(must have the same z). I can guarantee each rectangle is on the same plane, and even I turn it into Z plane, it still give the same error.

Best regards,

Chen

Subject: [GiDlist] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 06:53:24 +0800

Dear ABEL,

Your explanation is quite clear. It perfectly solve my problem.Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Best regards,

Chen

Dear Chen,

If you want to generate a volume mesh using GiD, you must be in one of these two situations:

- topological closed set of surfaces. In this case, you can create the volume (Geometry-Create-Volume) and generate the mesh (Mesh-Generate).

- a conformal mesh which close a volume (each edge have HigherEntity==2). In this case, you can generate the volume mesh selecting (Mesh-MeshFromBoundary), and selecting all the triangles closing the volume. This option is only available from the Right Buttons (you can set them by clicking 'Utilities-Tools-Toolbars').

If I have understood well, you are not in one of these cases, so you will have to do some work to reach one of these situations.

Kind regards,

ABEL

Gran Capità s/n, 08034 Barcelona
T: 34 - 93 401 74 03 Fax: 34 - 93 40 65 17

AVISO IMPORTANTE
Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán en un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE. Se pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran Capitán s/n, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.
AVÍS IMPORTANT
Les dades de caràcter personal contingudes en aquest missatge es registraran en un fitxer per facilitar la gestió de les comunicacions del CIMNE. Es poden exercir els drets d'accés, rectificació, cancel·lació i oposició, per escrit a les nostres oficines del CIMNE, Gran Capità s/n, Edifici C1, Campus Nord UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Espanya.
IMPORTANT NOTICE
All personal data contained in this mail will be processed confidentially and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage corporate communications. You may exercise the right of access, rectification, deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran Capitán, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.

De: gidlist-admin at gatxan.cimne.upc.edu.gid.cimne.upc.edu [mailto:gidlist-admin at gatxan.cimne.upc.edu.gid.cimne.upc.edu] En nombre de Hao Chen
Enviado el: lunes, 24 de agosto de 2009 8:01
Para: Gid mail list
Asunto: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of surface mesh

Dear all:

I want to generate tetrahetron mesh of a cubic volume.
Now, I have 3 surface triangle meshes of the cubic. Basing on these meshes, I want to generate volume mesh without changing these 3 facets' mesh.
How can I realize it?

Best regards.
Chen Hao.
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20090909/16b71876/attachment.htm
abelcs

[GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] How to generate volume

Post by abelcs »

Dear Chen,

You are right: it is an inconvenient to force the user to have the "plane" geometry in the z=0 plane. This is like this because it was thought for 2d geometries (only taking care on x and y coordinates).

We will take it into account for next developments.

Kind regards, and thank you very much for the information,

ABEL

_____

AVISO IMPORTANTE

Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán en un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE. Se pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran Capitán s/n, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.

AVÍS IMPORTANT

Les dades de caràcter personal contingudes en aquest missatge es registraran en un fitxer per facilitar la gestió de les comunicacions del CIMNE. Es poden exercir els drets d'accés, rectificació, cancel·lació i oposició, per escrit a les nostres oficines del CIMNE, Gran Capità s/n, Edifici C1, Campus Nord UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Espanya.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All personal data contained in this mail will be processed confidentially and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage corporate communications. You may exercise the right of access, rectification, deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran Capitán, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.

_____

_____

De: gidlist-admin at gatxan.cimne.upc.edu.gid.cimne.upc.edu [mailto:gidlist-admin at gatxan.cimne.upc.edu.gid.cimne.upc.edu] En nombre de Hao Chen
Enviado el: miércoles, 09 de septiembre de 2009 2:16
Asunto: [GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of surface mesh‏

Dear all,

ok, I have solved the problem, I have to make the surface on the z=0 plane to generate surface mesh out of linear bounary mesh. It is a little unconvenient, isn't it. Hope the GID can improve this function in the next version.

Best regards,

Chen

_____

Subject: [GiDlist] RE: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of surface mesh‏
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:16:14 +0800

Dear ABEL and everyone,

I started from some simple cases, for example the rectangle, first mesh it by triangle, and then get the bounday mesh of linear segments. And then use the linear segments to generate the surface mesh. That works perfectly.

But, when I applied it to a little bit complex as a 3D case, some error appeared. Please see the attached msh file. I want to generate 3 rectanglar surface meshes from the linear elements, when I choose one rectangle to generate surface mesh, it said rejected 14037672 elements(must have the same z). I can guarantee each rectangle is on the same plane, and even I turn it into Z plane, it still give the same error.

Best regards,

Chen

_____

Subject: [GiDlist] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 06:53:24 +0800

Dear ABEL,

Your explanation is quite clear. It perfectly solve my problem.Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Best regards,

Chen

Dear Chen,

If you want to generate a volume mesh using GiD, you must be in one of these two situations:

- topological closed set of surfaces. In this case, you can create the volume (Geometry-Create-Volume) and generate the mesh (Mesh-Generate).

- a conformal mesh which close a volume (each edge have HigherEntity==2). In this case, you can generate the volume mesh selecting (Mesh-MeshFromBoundary), and selecting all the triangles closing the volume. This option is only available from the Right Buttons (you can set them by clicking 'Utilities-Tools-Toolbars').

If I have understood well, you are not in one of these cases, so you will have to do some work to reach one of these situations.

Kind regards,

ABEL

_____

AVISO IMPORTANTE

AVÍS IMPORTANT

IMPORTANT NOTICE

_____

_____

Enviado el: lunes, 24 de agosto de 2009 8:01
Asunto: [GiDlist] How to generate volume mesh out of surface mesh

Dear all:

I want to generate tetrahetron mesh of a cubic volume.
Now, I have 3 surface triangle meshes of the cubic. Basing on these meshes, I want to generate volume mesh without changing these 3 facets' mesh.
How can I realize it?

Best regards.
Chen Hao.

_____

Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want. http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20090909/49b7513e/attachment.htm