Problem with toolbar

Moderator: GiD Team

ggiordanengo

Problem with toolbar

Post by ggiordanengo »

Dear all,

I'm using GiD 11.0.8 on Windows 7 (64 bit); I went to full screen (F11) and when I came back to "standard view mode" all toolbars were disappeared and there were no way to restore the "standard" visualization.

I tried to uninstall and then re-install the program, but the problem remains; I also tried to install the new version (12.0.4) but there is still the same problem.

Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

Giorgio
escolano

Re: Problem with toolbar

Post by escolano »

You must reset your user preferences.

Each user has its own copy of some GiD settings (like preferences variables, or window sizes).
This settings are automatically saved when exiting GiD, and loaded when starting.

This information is saved in a file named 'gid.ini' (Windows) or '.gidDefaults' (Linux) that is stored in a different place depending on the platform
e.g.
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Application Data\GiD\gid.ini
  • Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\GiD\gid.ini
  • Linux / Mac OS X: $(HOME)/.gidDefaults
And by default some Windows folders like "Application Data" are hidden. (and for Linux filenames starting by . are hidden)

Reset user preferences
The easiest way to delete this user settings file, without need to find it on disk, is to start once as 'GiD safe mode'
and then a window will appear: set the 'Reset preferences' checkbox and press Ok
If the user defaults is deleted the next time that GiD start it will use its own default values.
ggiordanengo

Post by ggiordanengo »

Thank you, now it works.
Regards,
Giorgio
rsuarez

Post by rsuarez »

Hi escolano,

I had the same problem, thanks for the answer, I can fix it!
Ricardo Suarez Caballero
Training Director in IIEMD.com - Digital Marketing