Installing latest version

Moderator: GiD Team

janders

Installing latest version

Post by janders »

I can see the latest version in news and events page. My windows version is windows 10 64 bit, and the system configuration is 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. I use ASUS Zenbook. Is the latest version requires more? Or can I use the latest version without any issue with my system specs?
I would appreciate any help. I can see 15.1.0d and 15.0.2 within the page. What's actually it means? I didn't get exactly what it means. Which one should I download for my system specs? If the version doesn't support with these specs, then please suggest me the system requirements. I will try to upgrade.
Thanks a lot. :)
escolano

Re: Installing latest version

Post by escolano »

GiD don't require any special hardware to run.
15.0.x are official versions that have only corrections related to first GiD 15.0
15.1.xd are developper versions that have corrections and also new features related with GiD 15
Both versions can work in your platform
DelBarto4

Post by DelBarto4 »

I'm a newbie here. I would like to install the latest version of GID. How can I do that?
escolano

Post by escolano »

Simply download and run the installer from https://www.gidhome.com/download
There are two main lines: official, and developer (the fist has only fixed bugs, the second has fixed bugs and new features but could also appear new bugs)
DelBarto4

Post by DelBarto4 »

escolano wrote:Simply download and run the installer from https://www.gidhome.com/download
There are two main lines: official, and developer (the fist has only fixed bugs, the second has fixed bugs and new features but could also appear new bugs)
That's nice! It looks very helpful. Thank you so much!