Error in running Kratos in GID (shared library)

Moderator: GiD Team

hayoung

Error in running Kratos in GID (shared library)

Post by hayoung »

Dear all,
I have a problem running Kratos using GiDx64.

The error message is:
"problemtypes/kratos.gid/exec/Kratos/runkratos: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.7m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I assumed there might be a problem during linking a library (libpython3.7m), I have tweaked PYTHONPATH by adding a path where runkratos binary is located, but the same problem persists.

I am using: Ubuntu 18.04, KratosMultiphysics 7.1. (the latest one found in the repo), and GiDx64-14.1.7d.
For python, Anaconda3 is used (I think it might be an issue...)

As I have a pre-compiled KratosMultiphysics for my research, I've followed what KratosMultiphysics/GiDInterface indicates, rather than retrieving the program from the web using GiD.
(I don't have a problem running KratosMultiphysics outside of GiD).

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
escolano

Re: Error in running Kratos in GID (shared library)

Post by escolano »

You can simply download from the GiD menu
Data->Problemtypes->Internet retrieve...
the problemtype Kratos 7.0.2 for your platform Linux 64 (this include the GiD-interface problemtype and the compiled kratos solver itself and the python used, it is not necessary install other external python in your system)

If do you want to replace the kratos invoked when pressing calculate by your own Kratos compiled version you can modify the file
<GiD>/problemtypes/kratos.gid/kratos.unix.bat
with the bash commands required to run you own local copy, but then you are responsible to set the right environment variables, compile the required dependent libraries, etc.