Error when analyzing the model in Atena-Studio

Moderator: GiD Team

waqar ahmed

Error when analyzing the model in Atena-Studio

Post by waqar ahmed »

Hello GiD Team
I am using Atena-GiD 13.0.2. The problem type is Atena-Dynamic. I have finalized my model in Gid 13.0.2. When I am analyzing my model in Atena-Studio. The following Error occur. please find the attached file, Here a .PNG file is attached which show the error.
I have tried my best to assign material to each element. but I don't know, How to overcome this problem?? Please guide me in detail..
Please find the attached file.

Thanks
Best regards
Waqar Ahmed
University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar Pakistan.
Attachments
aassdd.PNG
aassdd.PNG (238.34 KiB) Viewed 19189 times
escolano

Re: Error when analyzing the model in Atena-Studio

Post by escolano »

As you pointed it seems that some element does't has material assigned.
The normal way is to assign materials/conditions to the geometric entities, and then generate the mesh (not directly assign it to mesh entities)

You can draw by colors the materials, to try to identify where is the material missing (material==0).
You can also list some entity to check if it has a material index not zero.

Maybe do you have some unwanted/unexepected mesh entities: e.g. a surface model with some unwanted isolated line (or forced to be meshed) that generate extra line elements. Check after mesh that do you have the kind of elements that you are expecting.

If you are unable to identify the entities without material, attach a zip with your example to have a look.
chandrashekhar_37

Post by chandrashekhar_37 »

Hello GiD team,
I am using GiD 14.0.2 and facing the same issue. My problem type is Atena-Static. I tried to draw by colors and see if there is an element missing with material, but couldn't find any. Is there any other way to check this error?
escolano

Post by escolano »

You can filter the selection

for example, you can list elements,
menu: Utilities->List->Elements

then write in the lower command line (or open Utilities->Tools->Selection window... and filter Material to None and press Apply)

filter:Material=""

and then select all elements in screen, or write in the command line
1:

then only the elements that match the filter (without material) remain selected
MarkVictorious

Re: Error when analyzing the model in Opensees

Post by MarkVictorious »

Hello GiD Team
I am using Atena-GiD 14.0.1. The problem type is Opensees. I have finalized my model in Gid 14.0.1. When I am analyzing my model in Opensees. The following Error occur. please find the attached file, Here two .PNG files are attached which show the error,and a zip(Can you tell me problems)
I have tried my best to assign material to each element. but I don't know, How to overcome this problem?? Please guide me in detail..
Please find the attached file.

Thanks
MarkV
Attachments
model4.gid.rar
(71.26 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
~6NUJ7J006ZOW$GF]5FAXRX.png
~6NUJ7J006ZOW$GF]5FAXRX.png (16.58 KiB) Viewed 13252 times
Z%K`8]6XPVO~71JI6~LMQ_Q.png
Z%K`8]6XPVO~71JI6~LMQ_Q.png (49.37 KiB) Viewed 13252 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

The message complain that there are some elements without assigned material, and it is true, because your mesh has 30 volume hexahedra with material, but also 20 line elements without material!!

Probably you don't want any line element!!!

You can use for example Utilities->Status to see this information (or when the mesh is generated)
number of Linear elements: 20
number of Hexahedra elements: 30

Your model has some isolated lines, can see them graphically with View->Higherentities->Lines
You can delete them, re-mesh and probably will work (at least won't be extra line elements, that also doesn't have material)
MarkVictorious

Post by MarkVictorious »

Dear escolano
Thank you very much for answering my question. Your answer helped me see where the problem is. I am correcting it. If it weren't for you, I might never understand why I made a mistake. Later, I may have some questions for you to answer, so I would like to thank the GID team and you.
Thanks
MarkV
kasra_utop

Post by kasra_utop »

Dear Escolano,

I've the attached 3D model, and tcl file is generated successfully, but when I try to run the model (which will use OpenSees.321.exe as recommended by GiD+Opensees) the following error comes up:
gid.PNG
gid.PNG (6.62 KiB) Viewed 11794 times

I've checked the tcl file, which is included in the model zipped file, but there seems to be no problem. I genuinely have no idea what to make out of this error message. Your help would be really appreciated.

Please let me know if any other info you need to help me out.

Regards.
Attachments
CGD_03_con4.gid.rar
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

Sorry, but this question must be asked to the GiD-OpenSees problemtype developers,
We are not users of OpenSees and don't know how must be its input file.

I recommend you in any case to run the input .tcl file outside GiD in a DOS console, maybe some error messages are raised.

I guess that the problem is that the OpenSees solver is not properly installed, or it is not properly configured to be run from GiD-OpenSees when pressing the calculate menu. (maybe must set some environment variable, or set some path in the .bat file of the problemtype, etc.)