Issues when trying to save new project or open existing one

Moderator: GiD Team

awa5114

Issues when trying to save new project or open existing one

Post by awa5114 »

Hello,

I am having problems with my copy of GID 12.0.9. When I try to save a new project, or open an existing one, the following occurs:

1) No pop-up appears to allow me to browse for directory of interest.
2) The program freezes up and I have to exit using Ctrl+Alt+Del

Furthermore, if I try to zoom out using the mouse wheel during this "freeze", the following errors appear (also attached for clarity):

Error (l639): can't create directory "C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 12.0.9/'Zoom.gid": permission denied
while executing
"file mkdir $folder_dst"
(procedure "::SaveAsOtherKnownFiles" line 6)
invoked from within
"::SaveAsOtherKnownFiles UNNAMED {C:\Program Files\GiD\GiD 12.0.9\'Zoom}"

There is also this warning:

Error: 'Couldn't create folder 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 12.0.9/'Zoom.gid': Check permissions and quotas'

Finally, the command window shows this:

Deprecated transparent syntax without ' prefix: use 'DynamicPan instead DynamicPan

The 'Zoom.geo file that is created due to this within the C:\Program Files\GiD\GiD 12.0.9 directory is associated with another software. I feel this is worth mentioning although I doubt that that is what is causing the problem.

Saving/Opening projects with GiD 13 exhibits similar behavior (need to exit out using Ctrl+Alt+Del). However no warnings or errors are generated from zooming out. The only similarity is the "Deprecated Syntax" issue.

Please help! Thanks.

Please help! Thanks
Attachments
Problem.JPG
Problem.JPG (15.99 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
GID error more clear.png
GID error more clear.png (156.43 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
escolano

Re: Issues when trying to save new project or open existing one

Post by escolano »

First try to reset all your GiD user preferences
http://www.gidhome.com/documents/faqgid ... references

there is also a version 12.0.10, but probably the problem to open the files dialog will be the same
try also the last developer 13.1.3d http://www.gidhome.com/download/develop ... ions/win64

if the problem continue try also installing a Win x32 version (although do you have a Win x64 platform, it could run x32 applications also)

If the problem is not fixed with any of the previous advices, let us now again, and specify which is your Windows operating system (XP, Vista, 10,...?)

The other problems once freezed are secondary, seems derived of the main problem to open the dialog.
Error (l639): can't create directory "C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 12.0.9/'Zoom.gid": permission denied
is because your mouse events try do do a zoom of your model that are misunderstood as the name of the model that you want to write.
some of these problems are fixed in current GiD versions.

and the other message
Deprecated transparent syntax without ' prefix: use 'DynamicPan instead DynamicPan
is only a warning that recommend (for problemtype developers) to use a syntax instead another
and probably is also a wrongly understood command related with the frozen problem.