Customization-classic problemtype system

Moderator: GiD Team

Carlo

Customization-classic problemtype system

Post by Carlo »

Hi,
I want to modify an existing and working problemtype. I try to do it but I have some trouble. In particular I modified the .prb file simply by adding these two lines under the PROBLEM DATA statement:

QUESTION: request_param_A:

VALUE: *

After, I open GiD13 and I select the problem type. Then I open Problem data but no field "request_param_A:" is added to the previous.
What should i do in order to get simply a new field?
escolano

Re: Customization-classic problemtype system

Post by escolano »

I did the same as you explained and it works well!!

Maybe you have changed another copy of the <problemtype>.prb that is not the one loaded (it is a common mistake)

or maybe you have loaded an old model with this problemtype and it show the old copy of the .prb (stored with the model).
In this case you must load again the problemtype and use transform to try to preserve the old applied data and convert it to the new definition, or if there are too much differences reload the problemtype (and lost the old applied data)

Another advice: I recommend you to avoid tha last : character after the question name, maybe could cause some trouble in some parsing.
instead
use
QUESTION: request_param_A
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

escolano wrote:I did the same as you explained and it works well!!

Maybe you have changed another copy of the <problemtype>.prb that is not the one loaded (it is a common mistake)

or maybe you have loaded an old model with this problemtype and it show the old copy of the .prb (stored with the model).
In this case you must load again the problemtype and use transform to try to preserve the old applied data and convert it to the new definition, or if there are too much differences reload the problemtype (and lost the old applied data)

Another advice: I recommend you to avoid tha last : character after the question name, maybe could cause some trouble in some parsing.
instead
use
Hi,
I'm sorry, I try to apply all your suggestions but really I can't to obtain the result that I hope.
If you want i can send you the file .prb.
I have attached two image related with the problem I explained before.
Thanks for your help, I don't understand what's wrong.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (89.3 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (101.66 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

escolano wrote:I did the same as you explained and it works well!!

instead
use
Right now I solved my problem.
I save a new project in GiD with old ProblemType. Then I open the folder of the new project and I open the .prb file. In that file I put the same change that I explained in the previous post. Finally I copied .prb file from the new project folder to ProblemType foder (in GiD progam folder). Then I opened Gid and I applied the new ProblemType to a new file and finally it worked well. I don't understand how it's possible but I'm happy. Thank you