Error "gid has stopped working"

Moderator: GiD Team

Montoya

Error "gid has stopped working"

Post by Montoya »

Dear Team

I have created a problemtype for a frame analysis software, after creating a project (or model) using this problemtype and trying to run the "Calculate" menu, a pop-up window shows the message:"Error gid has stopped working". I have made corrections in several lines of the *.bas file template until I have no more errors. What could be the cause of error ? (working on windows 7 home premium 64 bits and the "demo" version of the latest gid release GiD 12.1.10d). Thanks for your support.

E. Montoya
escolano

Re: Error "gid has stopped working"

Post by escolano »

If you have not solved this problem by yourself you can attach a copy of the problemtype and a small model with this problemtype and we will made some tests to try to avoid the crash and let you know the bug of the .bas template.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Dear Mr. Escolano

Please find attached the problem type (frame3dd) and a small model (test) (frame with two columns and a beam).

I appreciate if you can run the model and check waht could be the reasons for GiD to crash when trying to create the calculate file.

In the attached zip file the model (test.gid) is compressed in another the zip file

Best Regards

Esneyder
Attachments
Frame3dd.zip
problemtype "frame3dd", the model is another zip file inside the main zip
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Dear Mr. Scolano

Have you had the chance to take a look at the problem type and model files i posted to check what could be the cause of GiD crashing when trying to get the "calculate" file ?

I appreciate your reply.

EM
escolano

Post by escolano »

Sorry by the dealy but I am very busy.
I had a look to your .bas template and it is crashing in the *loop commands

*for(i=1;i=GenData(No_Load_Cases))

A for command must have three parts separed by ; (C/C++ like): intialization, comprobation to do the loop and update of variable (typically to increase the variable loop)
In your case the third part is missing!!

It must be something like this:
*for(i=1;i<=GenData(No_Load_Cases,INT);i=i+1)

We have fixed GiD to avoid this crash in next versions

note also that GenData(No_Load_Cases,INT) has the last INT argument to specify that the string must be converted to integer

I attach your .bas file fixed with this correction,
Frame3dd.zip
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
but there are other errors, for example now your example raise
"Error in base file 'C:/gid project more/gidusers/Forum/Montoya/Frame3dd.gid/Frame3dd.bas' at line number 202: Unknown Condition name: Mass-Inertia"
because your .cnd conditions file doesn't have any condition with this name.
i think that yourself can deal with the rest of errors.