Contact question

Moderator: GiD Team

Fiki

Contact question

Post by Fiki »

Hi all,

I have question regarding the contact master-slave fixed surfaces. I have a situation like on the picture below:

Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (4.71 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
So the upper and lower contact are accutaly conected and have a contact volume. Fix surfaces have the same name (not M and S as in the picture, S is for slave, and M is for master). My question is: Is it right way to make the fix surface by divideing the S2?

Thank you!
escolano

Re: Contact question

Post by escolano »

I didn't understood well the question but I will answer in any case.
First a comment: it is possiblo upload images/files to the forum, I have edited your message to replace the external link to a uploaded image.

About the contacts:
If do you need a relationship 1-to-1 between the mesh nodes of the master surfaces and the nodes of the slave surfaces a way to achieve it is to create a 'GiD contact volume'.
To create a 'GiD contact volume' between two surfaces both surfaces must de equal, and located in the same space position (if they are in differenc locations a 'GiD separated contact volume' must be used, e.g. typical of periodical boundary conditions)

To have 'equal surfaces' you must modify your geometry. (divide the surface M1 to have surfaces equivalents to S1 and S2, or join the surfaces S1+S2 to be equal to M1)

If you don't need a 1-to-1 relationship the contact volume is unneeded, you can simply mark the master and slave surfaces with some condition that identify that they must be considered as contact for your solver.