Kratos Interface

Moderator: GiD Team

enrique.bonet

Kratos Interface

Post by enrique.bonet »

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to do the interface of my own kratos application, I have used the kratos example of PureDiffusion to do it. I created the files (.bas, .mdpa.bas, .cnd, .mat, .prb and unix.bat) in /home/enric/GiDx64/12.0.1/problemtypes/FlowTransport.gid, after that I have created a new project in a folder of my kratos_application, and I created a surface in GID, I wrote the boundary conditions, the conductivity of materials, did the mesh, etc and I calculated in GID when the process finished and I opened the post-process, GID sent an error:
Could not read any file from file list /home/enric/kratos/applications/flowtransport_application/FlowTransport.gid/FlowTransport.post.lst
After that:
Couldn't handle the file FlowTransport.post.res

I don't know that I have to do and I read the tutorial (defining a problemtype) but...

Thanks,

Enric
escolano

Re: Kratos Interface

Post by escolano »

The <modelname>.post.lst file is a file that must contain the list of a collection of GiD postprocess files to be read (e.g. automatically when changing to post mode, or manually opening in post, selecting a single file instead of a lot of them)

It seems that your file
/home/enric/kratos/applications/flowtransport_application/FlowTransport.gid/FlowTransport.post.lst
contain this filename
FlowTransport.post.res
but the GiD error message said that this file really doesn't exists or not contain results.

Probably the calculation has failed and these results are not written.
Have a look with a text editor to the related files.
enrique.bonet

Post by enrique.bonet »

Hi,

I have solved that problem, because the outfile was FlowTransport_0.post.res and gid searched FlowTransport.post.res, but I have other problem, GID give an error when I write in the file .bas (time = (Dt * step)),does it not like the operator *??

Thanks,

Enric
enrique.bonet

Post by enrique.bonet »

I have solved the problem , sorry. I have used ** instead of * and GID does not give an error.

Thanks
escolano

Post by escolano »

the syntax
time=(Dt*step)
is not valid for the .bas file, you must use *Operation to do it

Code: Select all

time=*Operation(Dt*step)
and assuming that before you have set the .bas variables named Dt and step
e.g. with something like this:

Code: Select all

*set var Dt=0.01
*set var step=3
escolano

Post by escolano »

** is not an error
it is a valid .bas command to print a single *
enrique.bonet

Post by enrique.bonet »

Thanks
Soiltest

Post by Soiltest »

we have just been searching for information about this topic for a long time and I found your post will fully prescribed information. However, this post helps me alot.