- Language: This option sets the language GiD is working in. By now GiD messages are translated into English, Spanish, Russian and French . RamTranslator is used to deal with message catalogues for GiD and the translation of problem types (to see more information about RamTranslator visit http://www.gidhome.com).
·ADA (www.ada.co.jp)owns Copyright of the original Japanese translation file in standard GiD UI.
- Splash window: If this option is set, when the program is opened again a welcome window is displayed.
- Help display style: Select how help information is displayed.
- Toolbars: Select how buttons on toolbars are shown.
- Create new point: Alters the way in which the points are entered in GiD (see Point definition). Options are:
·Always: If trying to create a new point in the vicinity of an existing one, the new point is always created.
·Ask: If trying to create a new point in the vicinity of an existing one, GiD asks whether to make use of the existing point or create a new one.
·Never: Only allows existing points to be selected. You can also change this when in point creation mode by setting No join until all points are entered.
- Automatic redraw: If this option is not set, redraws caused by window expositions or internal functions are not performed. This avoids spending a lot of time redrawing when workig with large models..
- Popup messages: If beginner is selected then user will receive more popup messages that for a Normal one.
- Play sound: If this option is set, a sound is played to indicate a task has finished.
- Shrink windows when selecting: If this option is set, some windows are resized when selecting, in order to facilitate the selection.
- Number of recent files: number of items to be showed in the recent projects menu (Files menu), in the recent post files menu (Files menu) and in the recent view files menu (View menu).
- Embedded progress bar: If this option is set, progress bar will be dispayed over command line instate as a pop-up.
- Check updated version: Check for a newer version of GiD when GiD starts.