New file *.post.lst can be read into GiD, postprocess. This file is automatically read when the user works in a GiD project and changes from pre to postprocess.
This file can also be read with File-->Open
The file contains a list of the files to be read by the postprocess:
- The first line should contain one of these words:
- Single: just a single file ( two for ascii files: one for mesh and another for results) is provided to be read;
- Merge: several filenames are provided, one filename per line, which are to be merged inside GiD, for instance when the files come from a domain decomposed simulation;
- Multiple: several filenames are provided, one filename per line, which are read in GiD, for instance if they belong to a DEM simulation, or FEM simulation with mesh refinement;
- next lines: the mesh and results files to be read, with one filename per line;
- following the postprocess mesh and result files, a list of graphs filenames can be provided so that GiD reads them too; fraphs files have the extension .grf;
- comment lines begin with the # character and blank lines are also admited;
- file names may have absolute path names or relative to the list file location;
Example of a list file:
Multiple # postprocess files cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.10.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.100.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.101.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.102.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.11.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.12.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.13.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.14.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.15.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.16.post.bin cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.17.post.bin ... cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.99.post.bin # graph files cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.c2.1.grf cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.c2.2.grf cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.dem-branch.grf cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.dem-contacts.grf cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.dem-energy.grf cilinder-3D-3-sim2_001.dem-stress.grf
File names may have absolute path names or relative to the list file location.