Node Renumbering

Moderator: GiD Team

crised

Node Renumbering

Post by crised »

Hello! I wonder if it is possible to change node numbering once mesh is generated. I've tried to go to Utilities->Renumber but node numbers do not change.
Thanks in Advance
escolano

Re: Node Renumbering

Post by escolano »

In geometry view Utilities->Renumber try to renumber the geometrical entities avoiding holes in its numeration.
If there are no jumps in the numeration then ids won't change.

In mesh view Utilities->Renumber try to renumber mesh entities. entities (nodes and elements) try to renumber avoiding holes,
and also the nodes are renumbered with another extra ordering criteria, depending on the GiD Variable 'RenumberMethod' value
http://www.gidhome.com/documents/refere ... rocessing)
crised

Post by crised »

How can I change the value of this variable?
escolano

Post by escolano »

crised

Post by crised »

Thank you very much! It has been very useful for me! Just one more question. Is it possible to start node numbering in number one?
escolano

Post by escolano »

GiD entity ids already start by 1 at leas at level user (some scripting level commands could start by 0)
Dimmerman

Post by Dimmerman »

escolano wrote:In geometry view Utilities->Renumber try to renumber the geometrical entities avoiding holes in its numeration.
If there are no jumps in the numeration then ids won't change.

In mesh view Utilities->Renumber try to renumber mesh entities. entities (nodes and elements) try to renumber avoiding holes,
and also the nodes are renumbered with another extra ordering criteria, depending on the GiD Variable 'RenumberMethod' value
http://www.gidhome.com/documents/refere ... rocessing)
Thanks escolano. That helped!